Ryedales through decades of experience have gathered the knowledge, professional qualifications and expertise to provide their clients with a high quality and reliable service covering all aspects of residential property related matters including sales, lettings, new homes and surveys guiding buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and developers and landowners through each individual process.
As moving home can be a worrying and in some instances a traumatic experience, the exceptional standards in professional estate agency services provided by the partners and staff at Ryedales can be invaluable in alleviating the potential stresses. We are committed to delivering the highest possible standards in estate agency to ensure maximum results for our clients. The company philosophy of ‘Personal Service Guaranteed’ is backed by the fact that all property transactions are overseen by one of the partners at any time, who have an extensive and unrivalled wealth of local knowledge. Throughout the selling process we liaise between our client the seller, buyer, surveyor and solicitors to assist in bringing the transaction to an expedient and satisfactory legal conclusion for all concerned.
Our sole aim at Ryedales is to ensure that your new home is the right purchase for you. We listen to all your requirements and by utilising our exceptional knowledge of the area and the various property styles available and endeavour, using our advanced data base and automated search facilities, to help find your dream home. Alternatively you may utilise Ryedales property search facility or our registration service to be added automatically to our mailing list by clicking on the Register Page. Having found your property the partners and staff at Ryedales, will if required, guide you through the buying process to ensure the transaction is brought to an expedient and satisfactory legal conclusion.
As Licensed Members of ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents), Ryedales can provide a comprehensive and fully audited letting service for private landlords. The service includes;
- Free Rental Valuation and Market Appraisal
- Preparation of full colour property particulars
- All properties advertised on Zoopla and many more portals
- Provision of the mandatory Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- State of the art letting data base with automatic matching facility.
- Full referencing and credit check of potential tenants
- Accompanied viewing when required
- Extensive inventory with photographic schedule
- Routine inspections if required
- Preparation of all tenancy documentation (ARLA and RICS approved)
- Registration of Indemnity Bond with our designated Tenancy deposit money scheme. TDS
Ryedales provide professional services to most leading lending sources; property developers; local authority; land owners; national house builders. All our services are available to the private or commercial sector, are undertaken by our experienced and fully qualified valuers and chartered surveyors, and include the following;
- RICS Homebuyers Reports
- Building Surveys
- Specific Structural Reports
- Land Surveys
- Matrimonial and Litigation Valuations
- HMRC Probate Valuations
- Valuations for Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax
- Rent Reviews, Appraisals and Insurance Valuations
- Expert witness and Expert opinion services
- Land disputes including LCA (Land Compensation Act) negotiations.
- Preparation of Land Registry compliant Freehold and Leasehold plans.
A building survey is a comprehensive inspection suitable for all properties but especially recommend for;
- All listed buildings
- Older properties
- Any building constructed in a non-traditional way, regardless of its age.
- Properties you are planning to renovate or alter in any way.
- Properties which have already had extensive alterations.
- A building survey includes the following
- All major and minor defects
- The implications of any defects and the possible cost of repairs
- Results of any testing or inspection on the structure for dampness and/or water penetration.
- Comments on the existence and condition of damp-proofing, insulation and drainage (although the latter will not be tested).
- Extensive technical information on the construction of the property and details regarding type and condition of materials used in construction
- General information on the location.
- Recommendations for further specialist inspections.
A building survey does not include a valuation although our surveyor would be able to provide a separate valuation report if requested.
RICS Hombuyer Reports
The RICS Homebuyers Report is a service carried out to a standard format, approved by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), which is suitable for all properties built within the last 100 years, are of a conventional construction and in a habitable or reasonable condition.
A HomeBuyer Report focuses on matters that in the surveyor’s opinion may affect the value of the property if they are not addressed and includes the following information;
- The property’s general condition. By applying condition ratings to elements of the building, the services and any garages and/or permanent outbuildings, the surveyor will inform you whether defects are serious or urgent.
- Any significant defects found within accessible parts of the property, which may affect it’s valuation.
- Urgent and significant matters that need assessing before entering into an exchange of contracts, including recommendations for any further specialist inspections.
- Results of any testing of walls for dampness.
- Comments on visually apparent damage to timbers including woodworm or dry and wet rot.
- Comments on the existence and condition of damp proofing, insulation and drainage (although the latter will not be tested)
- The market value of the property taking full consideration of the conditions identified with the report.
- The recommended reinstatement cost for insurance purposes (the anticipated costs of re-constructed a building in the event of damage by an insured risk e.g. fire, flood, storm damage etc.). This should not be confused with the market value which may differ.
- Any other advice you need to take before exchanging contracts.
A standard valuation is usually an inspection carried out on behalf of your mortgage lender to determine the amount and terms of a mortgage offer. Your mortgage lender will probably ask you to pay for the valuation and will send you a copy of the report. A valuation is NOT a survey. It’s a limited inspection to identify problems that may affect the security of your mortgage lenders loan. A property can have defects that are critical to a prospective buyer, but are not of concern to the mortgage lender and therefore will not appear in a valuation report. That is why you should not solely rely upon the limited information provided by a valuation when deciding whether or not to purchase a property.
Having established ourselves as one of the most progressive and forward thinking companies of Chartered Surveyors and Estate Agents operating in Northumberland we have developed over many years a close professional relationship with most local and national house builders, including;
- Bellway Homes North East Limited (www.bellway.co.uk/new-homes/north-east)
- Persimmon Homes Limited (www.persimmonhomes.com)
- Avant Homes Limited (www.avanthomes.co.uk)
- Millar Homes Limited (www.millarhomes.co.uk)
We are particularly proud of our long standing association with the extremely popular and well respected national house builders, Bellway Homes North East Limited and Persimmon Homes Limited. During which time Ryedales have provided a wide and diverse range of professional surveying and estate agency services, including;
- Pre development property valuations and feasibility studies.
- Site appraisals and acquisition
- Part exchange surveys and valuation
- RICS Homebuyers Surveys
- Sale of properties as Part Exchange, Express Assisted Mover, and New Build.